Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election day

Today I am doing my civic duty and working at the office of the Election Commision for my county. Ok, I'm not really doing it by choice, I was drafted. We are the only state in the country that drafts our election workers like we draft people for jury duty. Man, I live in half-assed-backwards state. WTF are we still doing here? Anyway, you can't get out of this stuff unless you are dying in a hospital. Not this election. They think for some reason this one may be a bit busy. Gee, I wonder where they get that idea?

I have to work from 6:30am to 8:00pm and answer the phones to direct people where to vote and how to vote if they are not in "THE BOOK" as they think they should be. I get a break for lunch and dinner which they provide because we can't actually leave the premises. Don't feel bad for me, I have my own office this time (this is my 3rd or 4th election, we get drafted for 4) which is nice because I can surf the net and type on my blog while I am supposed to be working. Just kidding, I have been answering calls nonstop, but am taking a well-deserved break right now.

I have had some very interesting calls today, but let me put out a word of advice to those who would like to be able to vote. People, today is not the day to find out if you are registered to vote. No, this is something you should have checked on weeks, if not months ago. Also, I am very sorry if you were hospitalized with the flu back in March, but tell me WTF does that have to do with you being unable to get to us to register to vote before October 24th? Wow, there are a helluva lot of you who move during the months of October and November. While I can empathize with you moving across the country, but since you are a resident of Louisiana and you are moving to Oregon, you cannot vote in Nebraska. Sorry about that. Also, you people are driving me crazy.

Thanks I feel better. Break is about over too so let's wrap this shizzle up.

I will be off in a couple of hours and I plan to go home, cuddle up on the sofa with a my hubby and a cocktail and watch CNN until this thing is done. Lord, please help me make it through the night.

No comments: