Wednesday, May 23, 2007

sweet dreams

My family lets bananas overripen just so I will make banana bread. They love my banana bread. Although my mother-in-law thinks hers is better, we all know the truth. I require 4 brownish bananas to create my masterpiece so whenever I buy a bunch, they always stop eating them with 4 left, in their minds the bananas are gone.

So I had 4 brownish bananas hanging on my banana hanger and this was my queue. I whipped up a loaf simultaneously while making dinner (don't ask me how I do it) and it baked while we were eating dinner. I pulled it out of the oven to a chorus of "oooooh's" and "aaaaaahh's!" They know they will have fresh banana bread for breakfast.

The Muss steps in closer, takes a big whiff and states in her most longing tone, "Mmmmmm, I'm going to dream about that tonight."

No comments: