Tuesday, July 17, 2007

time will tell

About 10:30pm last night the Muss comes downstairs sobbing.

Muss: I can't sleep, momma.

Me: Why can't you sleep, honey, what's wrong?

Muss: *sobs loudly* I want to go back to school.

Me: after it crosses my mind that my daughter loathes me so much that she would rather spend her day someplace other than here Well, school starts in 3 weeks, you will be there soon.

Muss: *sobs loudly again* But I really want to go back now.

Me: Well, you can't because it hasn't started yet, honey, and you know what? When you are 15-years-old and it is 6:30 in the morning and I am trying to drag your butt out of bed for school and you are yelling at me about how you don't want to get up and you hate school and never want to go back, I am totally going to remind you of this day.

Muss: That will never happen
*turns and walks back up the stairs to bed*

Anyone want to place bets on that?

No comments: